Monday, September 6, 2010

The Corporation

After watching the Corporation I feel that I acquired a greater understanding of what business corporations are and what they do. It is to my understanding that business corporations are selfish psychopaths whose one objective is to make money. What I don’t understand is why don’t these corporations care about the well being of other people, aren’t corporations run by human beings, so then shouldn't they have feelings? I was really surprised that Corporations that not only disregard human health but aim to destroy the planet, for their own benefit is protected by law. What was very interesting to me was the fact that corporations if they were humans would end up being psychopaths. As they listed the symptoms and what corporations only did and cared about it started making sense to me. Although I’m not very connected to any corporations physically, they somehow scare me just because of the power they have. If you think about it corporations can control any business, and if these corporations are able to control the planet then we will all be doomed.

3 comments:

  1. Otis,

    Did you make sure to post this on the class blog page?

    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you in the sense that corporations are only becoming more dominant and powerful. However, I feel as though they have a right to be selfish, as it is the only way to economically survive in today's capitalistic society. Although the movie illustrates the functions, characteristics, and purposes of a corporation in a precise angle, I think it is our responsibility as consumers to protect ourselves by making the right decisions. Moreover, I do agree on the fact that corporations should abide environmental laws, as we want a sustainable future.

    ReplyDelete